Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Exciting News

Most of you who read this may already know but if you do not then this is news for all.  Next year will bring lots of changes to the Polnicky household.

A month ago I applied for a Special Duty assignment as a Technical Instructor at Keesler AFB (Biloxi, MS).    I am already familiar with this position since this is where I received my initial technical training for my Air Force career, Airfield Management.  

I was recently notified that my application was accepted and I was selected for this Special Duty Assignment.  I will be attending Airmen Leadership School (ALS) in January 2013 to complete my prerequisites to sew on Staff Sergeant (SSgt) 1 April 2013.  Following my graduation from ALS we will be reporting to Keesler AFB no later than 15 March 2013.  

This is all exciting news, a new start and adventure for all of us.  What is even more exciting than this is we will be welcoming a new addition to our family 13 May 2013, McKaila's little brother or sister.  2013 will bring lots of changes and adventures and extremley busy.  We will be moving half way across the country while Heather is 7 months pregnent, we will be processing into a new base, moving into a new home, I'll be accepting more responsibility as a SSgt, taking on a new role as a Technical Instructor, receiving new 
training, welcoming a new Baby Peanut and many more changes to come all within only a few months.  

Our new home lays right on the Gulf of Mexico, only 2 blocks from the Ocean.  The town is Biloxi, between Gulfport and Ocean Springs; 2 hours to our west is New Orleans and 2 hours to our east is Pensacola, FL.  We are very excited and anxious for all these changes, we pray for a smooth transition and a healthy baby.



This was the fortune we got the day we found out we were expecting!!!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

SO SO SO happy for you guys! McKaila will make a great big sister! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Very excited for you guys!

We live in the Pensecola area (Panama City Beach, FL) for 2 years and LOVED it! Its a bit rural, but still fun!
And congrats again on the baby! Great news!