Sunday, May 5, 2013

Introducing McKenna Grace

McKenna decided she wanted to come join our family a little earlier then we thought and on May 1, 2013 at 4:30 a.m. we held McKenna in our arms for the first time!

McKenna came very fast, and we were very thankful that Courtney's dad and step mom were able to make it here just in time to take McKaila.

My contractions started the morning before at 3 a.m. They literally woke me up from my sleep. They were so intense, that I couldn't stay in bed any longer. Courtney was still sleeping and had no idea what was going on, and he needed rest because he had to go to work. I got up and decided to do laundry because I knew if I didn't do it then, it just might not get done. A couple hours later Courtney came downstairs and since my contractions were pretty strong, he decided to stay home to take care of  McKaila and I. To be honest I don't remember much of the day, other then trying to get some cuddles in with McKaila.

Then, comes 9 p.m. and my contractions were in high gear and so painful. I went to the restroom where I thought my water had broke. So, all three of us head to the hospital. Yes, McKaila joined us because we were waiting for Courtney's dad and step mom to arrive and they were about an hour away. My water didn't break and was at only 2 centimeters dilated, so they sent me home. I ate some Burger King because that was the only thing that was open, and just like that the contractions were coming every couple minutes. So, not even 2 hours later, we were headed back to the hospital. Thankfully, I was dilated to 5-6 centimeters and was admitted. From there, things moved so quickly. I wanted an epidural so badly because the pain was unbearable, but when they checked me a half hour after I got there, I was at 9 centimeters, so they gave me a spinal tap and after pushing for 15 minutes, McKenna Grace was here!!

McKenna Grace Polnicky
May 1, 2013 @ 4:30 a.m.
6 lbs. 18 1/2 inches
 
 
 
Kisses for sister
McKaila loves holding her little sister
Time to head home as a family of 4
 
All McKaila wanted to do was hold McKenna's hand, so cute!
 
 
KISSES
 

3 comments:

MAH said...

So cute! Thank you for sharing your story... being that we are on our first I am a bit scared and neavous and to read how things happened for others truly helps! :) Sweet GIRLS!!!! <3

joyce said...

Thank you for the post I wondered how your labor went and now I know love you all

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
She is so stinkin cute