Tuesday, April 16, 2013

36 Weeks

This pregnancy has flown by. I feel like we were just finding out that we were expecting another baby, and here we are at 36 weeks pregnant! Next week McKenna will officially become full term, but I'm sure we will still have a couple more weeks.

At the last appointment, we were told that I most likely will be induced at 39 weeks, just like I was with McKaila, due to my blood pressure. My blood pressure isn't as high as it was with McKaila, but it's been constantly high this whole pregnancy. So, more then likely we will be meeting McKenna Grace in a few short weeks.

With that being said, I've been going crazy making sure we have everything together and ready for McKenna's arrival. Diapers, wipes, pacifiers, and so on. I've washed all of the clothes, burp clothes, blankets, and everything else. Pack N Play, swing and bouncy seat are ready to be laid in, even though McKaila has been enjoying putting her babies in them. And finally, this weekend Courtney painted the letters for McKenna's name to put up in her room!


I believe that we are ready, even though in my head, I feel like I'm not! Even though I've made lists of everything that I need to still do and have to have for my hospital bag, I always feel like I'm forgetting something. We shall see when the day comes though!

As for me, I've been feeling pretty good. I'm just all around feeling uncomfortable. McKenna's movements are getting really strong and she's always busy moving. I've been having horrible heart burn lately, so tums have truly become a life saver for me in these last few weeks. But the worst thing of it all, is that my hips have been hurting a lot! That's one thing I never experienced with McKaila is my hips hurting, so it hasn't been too much fun dealing with it. I find that it feels best when I'm reclined in my chair, but even then it still hurts! So, all in all, I'm ready for McKenna to make her appearance!

 
McKenna Grace
 
currently the size of watermelon
weighing approximately 6.5 lbs
approximately 19 to 22 inches in length
third trimester
strong kicks to mommy's right side all day long
 
Countdown
 
3 weeks and 6 days to go

No comments: