Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bittersweet Jeep

Today is bittersweet Jeep...

Most of you may know but some do not, when I was 14 yrs old my dad approached me and said, "you'll be 16 soon and you'll want a car, you have 2 choices, lets build one or you can buy one".  What I didn't realize was my dad was offering to teach me about life, money, pride, relationships, family, teamwork and much more.  My family was never that close but my dad was all I had sometimes.

My dad and I decided to rebuild a 1983 Jeep CJ-7.  My dad bought us the project in 1997 and we finished in late 1999.  More than two years later we completed the jeep together, a lot had changed since we started.  Through this rebuild we learned a lot and most of it had nothing to do with the Jeep.  I remember the cold nights in the garage and warm days in the drive way, frustration and accomplishment.










Thank You Dad for all the memories, thank you for teaching me so many things. If you have your own blood, sweat and tears into something then your pride and passion will never perish.




I've had my Jeep for nearly half my life (14+ yrs) and I spent a lot of my time and money but it created so many memorable times.  Times with my dad, friends, my wife and now daughter.  Today I Sold It,  not because I wanted to but I had to, because my family is my priority and I spend every moment I can with them.  My Jeep deserved a new home, another life and I couldn't of sold it to a better man.  It may be with a new family now but it will always be a part of me.  It is time to find a new project and make more memories.

Love You Dad, Our Jeep was never just a Jeep!

No comments: