Wednesday, January 1, 2014

8 Months


Is McKenna really 8 months old already?

 
McKenna is 8 months and moving around like crazy. She is still slithering across the living room and now getting herself into the kitchen, but little by little she's trying to get her legs under her and crawling. She does a few crawls and then it's like she's had enough of that, I'm just going to slither. It's super cute to watch her go though. She sees something that she wants and she heads right for it.
 
In the last few days, McKenna started pulling herself up on everything. It started out as just pulling herself up on Courtney and I, then all of a sudden she got brave enough to do it on everything she could. She's so proud of herself too, because when she gets up on her feet, she gets a huge smile on her face.
 
After lots of drool, teething toys, and baby orajel, McKenna finally got her first tooth. She never really fussed too badly about it, but with the way she was chewing on things, we knew a tooth was about to pop. I am so thankful that she never lost sleep or fussed a lot, because I read some horror stories about teething babies and feel truly blessed that we haven't had to deal with any of it. At least so far.
 
McKenna has become a fan of the sippy cup along with the Doc McStuffins toys
 

When McKaila was 8 months old, I took pictures of her and they are some of my favorite pictures of her at that age. So I made sure I kept the dress she was wearing so McKenna could wear that same dress when she turned 8 months old. I tried to get a similar picture of McKaila, so I could see how much they truly looked a like and well, it's pretty crazy how much these two look a like.
 
Please take a look at McKaila's picture



No comments: