Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Walking and Teething

And just like that, we have another walker roaming the house. McKenna was taking a few steps in between Courtney and I, but last week, the 7th of April, McKenna took off and hasn't looked back. And every day she gets better and better. She still will count on something to help her stand up, but little by little she's learning to stand from a sitting position.
 
 
I can't believe that our little McKenna is walking, practically running. But I am loving the smiles on her face while she's walking around the house. The look on her face is priceless and you can tell she is just so proud of herself for learning to walk. But what McKenna is really enjoying is being able to follow around her big sister McKaila a lot more.


Now that McKenna is walking, I feel like our girls have connected on a whole other level. Our girls have always been inseparable, but now, it's like watch out. They are going to be trouble together. Not bad trouble, I just feel like they are always going to be side by side, doing what they want. All and all, I love it and I'm so incredibly happy that they love each other has much as they do.
 
 
Along, with walking, we have been dealing with a teething baby. I don't ever remember McKaila being all that bad with teething, but with McKenna it's a whole other story. She's had 3 bottom teeth for a while now, which coming in didn't seem to bad, but these top ones are hurting her badly. She's got 3 popping through at the same time, and she's having a difficult time with it. I feel so horrible for her and wish I could take that pain away from her. As you would guess, due to the teething, McKenna puts everything in her mouth. Today, we decided to put some teethers in the freezer and she fell in love with them. We had kind of forgotten about them because McKaila never liked them, she just wanted her Sophie Giraffe, so I'm happy we can finally put some to use now with McKenna.




No comments: