Thursday, August 14, 2014

It's Been A While

So, it's been some time since I've last blogged. It's not like I don't have countless pictures of the girls that I would like to share with you all, and will be posting some sooner then later of the time I missed on here, but it's mainly due to the fact that I haven't been feeling the greatest lately. And the reason for that, is why I write this blog to you all today.
 
WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #3

As of right now I am almost 13 weeks along (tomorrow will mark the 13th week) and I've been feeling every bit of the morning sickness every day, all day. Of coarse, some days are better then others, but it's been a while since I have been 100%. I have literally been feeling morning sickness since day 1 of finding out we were expecting, so I am more then ready for all of this to pass.
 
It was a few days before Father's Day when I snuck upstairs to take a pregnancy test. I had been feeling very tired and sick to my stomach all day, so it was worth a try in taking a test. My feelings were right. Within seconds of putting the test down on the counter, the news was there. I was expecting.
 
 
In my mind I was freaking out. Yes, we planned on the pregnancy, but it was still a shock that it all happened so quickly. So, now I am not one to keep anything from Courtney and have always wanted to do something special for him when I told him the exciting news, but I couldn't wait. Luckily for me, it was almost Father's Day, so I had that excuse to use. When I got down stairs with the test hidden in my pocket, I told Courtney that I had gotten him something for Father's Day, but I was just too excited to wait, so I needed to give it to him a little early. So, he closed his eyes, put out his hands and I placed the test in his hand. When he opened his eyes, he was so surprised and so happy. He was shocked too and kept saying "are you serious" which was pretty funny and wished I had been recording him, it's pretty priceless seeing someone react to something like a pregnancy test.
 
With both McKaila and McKenna, we have had our first ultrasounds with them at around 8 weeks, but this time around we didn't have an ultrasound until 12 weeks and 2 days. I was very anxious for the appointment, but of coarse it was for no reason at all, because our little baby was busy moving around to the point where we couldn't even get good pictures of him or her. Baby P.'s heart beat was very strong at 167. That is one of the best sounds you can hear. You hear that heart beat come over and it instantly brings tears to your eyes. It's just amazing.
 



 
 
For those wondering what my actual due date is, it's February 20, 2015. Courtney and I's 6 year anniversary!
 

No comments: