Friday, December 4, 2015

LASIK

For a long time now, I have talked about getting lasik done. I have had glasses since middle school and have gone between glasses and contacts since then. 

This year, I started to talk a little more seriously about it, and finally made an appointment with a doctor here in Biloxi. 

Once I had my appointment and got approved to do it, it was full steam ahead. Within two weeks I was in the room getting ready to see for the first time in a long time without glasses.


Everything went really well and the minute I sat up after 10 minutes or so of working on my eyes, I could see. It was crazy that it was so soon after that I was able to see clearly in front of me. My eyes were really irritated though and the doctor said it would help to just sleep the couple hours after to sleep away that irritation. Well... I slept for about 4 and I felt great when I woke up.

I am so used to waking up and having to search for my glasses to see what was in front of me and this was the first time I didn't need to do that! 

I feel so blessed that I was able to get it done and not have the horrible headaches I would get from wearing my glasses all the time. So, thank you to my hubby for baring with me while I was going back and forth on my decision to do this and for taking care of me and the kiddos while I was sleeping away my pain.



No comments: