Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

I had an awesome Mother's Day weekend. I say weekend, because Friday, I got to enjoy one on one time with McKaila Rose for muffins with mom at her school. She had been looking forward to this day for weeks. She would come home and say "we did something in class for our moms today, but it's a secret, so I can't tell you." 

I was so impressed with all the work our kiddos did for their mothers and a big huge thanks to Ms. Alvarez for all the special thoughts that went into making muffins with mom all that much more special. 



McKaila's portrait of mommy and she also wrote down that I am 23. I will take it!


On Sunday, I woke up to Courtney telling me not to do anything, that he would take care of everything for the day, in which he did. It's hard being a stay at home mom, and I am so lucky he sees that, so when he's home, he makes sure he is present for the kids and I. I don't know what I would do without him. And he also said, that we could do anything that I wanted to do. Shopping, driving around, anything I wanted. My answer, I didn't want to be in the house because it was a nice day and all I truly wanted was for the kids to behave. Luckily for them, they did!

Once, we were all ready to go, we hit up a park for the kids to run around and have some fun. I say those are some of the best moments about having kids, watching them play nicely together and have huge smiles on their faces because they are having so much fun. 





After a while of playing and running around, it was time to get back into the car and head to lunch. I had no idea where we were going, but was certainly surprised once we got to our location. It was a place we had never been to before, Blue Parrot, and it was right on the water! It was beautiful! 

Unfortunately, we had to put our names on the waiting list and had to wait an hour. It was well worth the wait though. The view was great and the food was amazing. I am looking forward to going back!!


One last stop for Mother's Day and that was for a round of mini golf. I have been talking about taking the kids mini golfing for a while now, so what better time to go, then a mother's play free day. The kids were very excited and loved every minute of it. They loved it even more, when I hit my ball into the water and couldn't retrieve it. But, the girls were the sweetest and offered to share their golf balls with me. 





It sure was a great weekend, I can't say that enough. No kids fighting, perfect weather, and going to new places! It was so fun! I don't need any presents, just days like this, full of smiles. I am one happy and proud mommy! 

Thank you, Courtney, McKaila, McKenna and Logan for making me a mommy! I love you all so very much!!

No comments: