Monday, March 19, 2018

McKenna Lost Her First Tooth

It had only been a few weeks since we had noticed that McKenna's bottom tooth was starting to get a little wiggly. And from there, McKenna was bound and determined to get that tooth out. 

Every day she would come to me and show me that her tooth was that much closer to coming out. She would use her tongue to play with her tooth, which made it get wiggly and McKenna more excited about it coming out. 

A few days prior to her tooth coming out, we knew it wouldn't be much longer. She did whatever she could to get that tooth out. It literally was barely hanging in there come Sunday night. So, Monday morning, she came to me about every half hour to hour asking me to try pulling it out. I didn't want to pull to hard, knowing this was the first tooth to come out, so I gently tried each time. Until she came to me and said she was trying herself to get it out, so I knew I had to get the tooth out this time. It didn't take much at all on the last try and it was out. 

McKenna was so brave, not even flinching, like her sister did. She was so excited and had to FaceTime daddy at work to tell him the exciting news! 


When McKenna's tooth came out, she knew just what do to since she's watched McKaila do it so many times. She went to her room, got her tooth fairy pillow and put her tooth inside. What was funny is that she didn't want to put her pillow back in her room, she needed it with her most of the day, so she could keep looking at her little tooth. She was just so proud of herself!

But, come night time, McKenna was eager to get that pillow by her bed so the tooth fairy could come. She did keep telling me through out the day, that she was going to pretend to sleep so she could see the tooth fairy, but that didn't happen. She was fast asleep and the tooth fairy was able to come get her tooth and leave a surprise without ever being spotted. 


No comments: