Thursday, May 8, 2014

Gone But Not Forgotten

A trip to Holland is never complete until we go visit the Grandpa's and my uncle. It's always really hard to go visit their grave sites, but it will always be a must do for me while we are in Holland.
 
The one thing that has been really hard for me, with no longer living in Holland, is being able to visit my Grandpa Holtgeerts, Grandpa Kuipers, and my Uncle Mitch. You see, before moving, I would go visit my Grandpa Holtgeerts on a weekly basis. My Grandpa Kuipers passed away after we had moved away, so I haven't been able to visit near as often as I would have liked.
 
This visit to see my Grandpa's and my uncle meant a lot to me because I got to have our girls with me. I know my Grandpa's and my uncle would have loved McKaila and McKenna and probably spoil them just as much as their grandparents currently do. Both girls, especially McKaila know who my Grandpa's are. I have pictures of both of them and have told stories about both of them and I am excited for McKenna to grow up a little more, so I can start sharing the stories with her also.
 
It's pretty crazy because both McKaila and McKenna have never been to either grave sites and they knew right where to go.
 
 






 One last thing I wanted to get done while we were in Holland was get a tattoo, my first tattoo. I have wanted one for a long time now, so my sister and I went one night and finally got it done. I got angel wings with a halo in memory of my Grandpa's and uncle. My sister also got a tattoo, 3 birds in memory of them too.
 
We love you Grandpa Holtgeerts, Grandpa Kuipers and Uncle Mitch

No comments: