Monday, July 2, 2018

Summer Days

Last summer, we finally decided to get a bigger pool and we really enjoyed it. Probably not as much as we should have, but on those hot summer days, it was great to have the pool in the backyard. Now, this summer, living on base, we can't have our pool up. After getting spoiled with having the pool, it sucks not being able to have it up. 

So, what is the next best thing when it's hot outside? Putting the sprinkler on underneath the trampoline. My sister and I loved jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler on, so one day I thought I would try it with the kids. I knew the girls out love it because it meant that they got to cool off while jumping around, but I wasn't too sure how Logan would react to it. Surprisingly, Logan loved it and asks to jump with the sprinkler on more then the girls. 




If the kids aren't jumping around on the trampoline, they are digging in the dirt, which has become a new thing with Logan. He is constantly asking if he can go dig in the dirt. Typical boy, but he loves it.  Then once they get hot again, the sprinkler comes on and they off jumping again to cool off!

Time to cool off with some popsicles!

On the days that I just don't feel like dealing with the sprinkler and the dirt, we head out front and the girls ride their bikes, while Logan cruises around on Lightning McQueen. We have a sidewalk that goes around the house minus the side yard, so they do lap after lap, chasing after each other. When they have had enough of that, McKaila loves to draw something with sidewalk chalk, while Logan and McKenna, search for rocks and play around. 



McKaila has become a very good artist. It really amazes me what she comes up with. 

She has become obsessed with dinosaurs, especially Jurassic World. So, this is the drawing she came up with the other day. She drew Blue, the dinosaur from Jurassic World. 



The days are hot and we are constantly putting on sunscreen (never came to mind that we are so much closer to the sun here, that you can get sun burnt after minutes of being outside, it's pretty crazy) but the kids are loving summertime and so am I. 

These 3 kids may drive me crazy most days, but I love to see their imaginations come through on a daily basis. They are growing up so fast and I have to learn to take in these moments more because these days are going by way too fast!



No comments: