Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Happy 8th Birthday, McKaila Rose!

HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY, MCKAILA ROSE!!!!!!

It's truly crazy thinking about how fast the time has gone. 8 years ago, I was heading to the hospital with Courtney and Amber anxiously awaiting on the arrival of our first born. And now our little lady is 8 years old. 

This birthday was a little different for McKaila, in the fact that she didn't have her daddy around. It bummed her out knowing that Courtney wasn't going to be around for her birthday, but it was her birthday, so she was going to make the best of it.

With Courtney being gone, I wanted to still make sure that she had the best birthday, ever! The night before, once all the kids were asleep, I got to work. With each kid, we like to decorate with balloons, so even though it was just me, I wanted to make sure to still do it. I think in McKaila's mind she wasn't going to have the downstairs decorated for her birthday, so the look on her face when she came down the stairs was pretty awesome!










When Logan and I picked up the girls from school, the first thing that McKaila said to us, was that she had the best birthday ever. She was excited that everyone recognized that it was her birthday and during specials and lunch time, everyone sang to her. She said she felt so special, which made my heart so happy. 

On birthday's we like to let the kids choose where they would like to go for birthday dinner. With Courtney not around, we agreed to do birthday dinner once we got back home, but I still wanted to do a little something for her. So, I treated the birthday girl to some Dairy Queen for dinner and ice cream. I never saw McKaila eat so fast because she knew when she got home, she could talk to daddy and finally open presents!












McKaila had an awesome birthday, according to her, but she says she can't wait for daddy to get home, so she can celebrate with him too! 



You are one awesome 8 year old, McKaila Rose!! 
Mommy and Daddy love you!!




No comments: