Thursday, May 9, 2019

Little Man

For a couple days, Logan was dealing with a runny nose and cough. Then it began. When he fell asleep, we started to notice that his breathing wasn't normal. So, off to the ER Courtney and Logan went, while I stayed back with the girls. 

I was a wrecked, but had hopes that Logan was going to come back home that same night and cuddle with me until he fell asleep. But that didn't happen. Logan had fallen asleep while the doctor was in the room and he noticed Logan's breathing, so they had to admit him. 

Not being there for my baby boy was heartbreaking. I barely slept without having him here with me, even though I knew Logan was in great hands with his daddy, it was still so hard on me. 

The girls were already in bed when Courtney and Logan went to the hospital, so when the girls woke up that next morning, they didn't see Logan and I had to tell them that he had to stay the night at the hospital. My heart was already breaking not having Logan at home with us, but then seeing the girls so sad about their brother broke my heart even more. 

After I dropped the girls off at school, I headed straight to the hospital. I missed my little boy so much, oh and the hubby too... hehe. Once there, Courtney filled me in more of what was going on with Logan. 

Since arriving at the hospital, they had been given breathing treatments every couple hours, was given an IV, and was put on oxygen. That night they would try to take him off of oxygen and as soon as they would his levels would drop. Before I got to the hospital, the doctors decided to lower the oxygen little by little. 

Thankfully, that was working great, but because little man doesn't nap and they wanted to see how his oxygen was when he slept, Logan had to stay another night.



Courtney took over the school pick up duties with girls, so during that time, it was non stop asking from Logan, "when is Kenna and sissy getting here, I miss them." So, while daddy was picking up the girls, Logan wanted to prep his bed, so that they could sit in bed with him. 

My heart exploded when the girls walked into his room. The girls ran right to Logan to give him hugs and kisses and Logan's smile couldn't have been bigger. They may not get along all the time, but their love for each other is undeniably strong. 



After we all got to enjoy hospital food for dinner, it was time for the girls and I to return home since the girls needed to get some rest. Courtney was staying with Logan again, since he's able to sleep anywhere and I just can't, so we knew it would be best for him to stick it out again with Logan. 

When we had to say goodbye for the night, the tears started coming. Logan didn't want me to leave and McKenna didn't want to leave Logan and wanted him to come home. But we gave big hugs and said we would be back in the morning in hopes that the night would go well and Logan would be able to come back home. 

Logan was now off of the IV and after the girls and I left, they took him off of the oxygen. Thankfully, the night went great and the next morning, the doctor came in and gave Logan the all good to go home!!!!


Before leaving the hospital, they wanted to give us an inhaler as a just in case. Thankfully, we have only used the inhaler a couple times and since then Logan has been doing awesome!!!

Thank you so much to all those that had reached out via text and facebook letting us know that Logan was in your thoughts and prayers. Courtney and I are forever thankful to you all!!!

No comments: