Wednesday, April 10, 2024

He’s HOME!!!!!!!

Can’t believe I finally get to say this
Courtney is coming home!

The days and times continued to change, so Courtney and I decided it was best that we kept the arrival to ourselves just in case something was to change. It’s hard enough on myself to deal with all the changes of times and everything and I didn’t want the kids to feel let down if anything were to change. 

As the days and hours were winding down, the nerves within me were at an all time high. I couldn’t believe that the day was finally here that my other half was going to come home and my mind was a whirl wind just keeping it all in ‘cuz the kids had no idea. 

When the kids got home from school, I told them that we all needed to sit down ‘cuz I had something to tell them. According to our countdown calendar, Courtney’s arrival was still about 5 days out, so not sure what was going inside those heads of theirs. The shock on their faces when I told them that daddy was coming home tonight and that, in fact, we were picking him up in 4 hours, they really couldn’t believe it. I loved seeing their faces light up when they realized what was happening later that day!

We made it! We made it through these 6 months. We had lots of good days, but also a lot of days with lots of tears, especially during the holidays. But it’s done and I feel like I can take a deep breath again. Now, lets get daddy!!

 Courtney flew into McEntire (where he works) which was great ‘cuz it was suppose to be at another base, but thankfully that changed and we were able to chill at the office while we waited. 





Dang, that hour of waiting at the office was the longest hour ever. I figured we were still going to end up waiting a bit for his arrival, so I had the kids bring books, but it was hard for all of us to sit down. After a bit, it was time to just go outside and have the kids run around while I kept an eye on the skies looking for the airplane. 

Finally, there it was!!! He’s home!! Now, get off that plane and get over to us!!!!


That moment when I saw the work truck rounding the corner, the nerves kicked in. Maybe not nerves, I mean it’s hard to explain cuz there were so many different feelings and thoughts going on, but dang, when he opened the truck door and McKenna ran to him, it was hard not to only think of getting my arms around him. Wish I took more pictures of this amazing homecoming, but heck that was really the last thing that was on my mind. 






Not only are the kids and I beyond happy that Courtney’s back home with us, but we weren’t the only ones in the house that were happy that daddy was home. Luna and Emma couldn’t have been any happier than they were in that moment when they saw Courtney standing in the dining room. There was endless amounts of doggie kisses and jumping all over him, it was one happy scene!

We are so happy to have Courtney home! 
Home feels like home again and our family is back to feeling complete!

No comments: