Thursday, October 3, 2013

Recovering

It's now been a week since Courtney had his surgery and thought it was finally time to update you all on how he's doing.

First of all, the surgery went great. The doctor called me right from the O.R. to let me know that everything went well and it was a good thing he decided on the surgery because when he was operating he found a couple torn ligaments. He was given the option to try physical therapy to see if it would help, but Courtney just wanted to feel better, so that's why he chose to do the surgery, knowing that it was going to fix his pain.


Little by little he's starting to feel a bit better. Today was the first day he ventured out and about with me. Usually, I wait until either the girls are napping or right after McKenna has been fed so she won't give Courtney a hard time and I take McKaila. I run out, get what I need and back in less than an hour. So, it was nice for all of us to get out of the house for a while.

Courtney said he's still in some pain, but he's felt the best today. He uses his crutches to get from one place to another or he just scoots the best he can. Thankfully, Courtney has been able to help out a little with the girls, mostly McKenna by holding her or rocking her to sleep. If he wasn't able to do that, I think I would have gone crazy because I already feel like I'm running around this house as it is.
On October 9, Courtney has a follow up with the doctor and we'll go from there. Right now he's off from work until then, but it could be longer if the doctor doesn't think he should be on his feet yet. We shall see.

- Posted using BlogPress from Heather's iPad

No comments: