Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sprinkle

We have the most amazing neighbors. I know I say that often in my entries, but we do. We are incredibly lucky. Christy and Josh were the first of our friends to know that Courtney and I were expecting our 3rd little one, and shortly after the announcement, Christy told me that she wanted to through me a sprinkle.
 
I loved the fact that someone wanted to go out of their way to do something like that for me, but it also made me sad because I don't have a lot of friends here, so it would be only a hand full of people that would possibly show up. And it makes it even harder knowing my family live far away and probably wouldn't be here to help celebrate Logan.
 
Christy still wanted to throw a sprinkle for me, no matter what I said. She sent out invites to family and friends here in Biloxi, to Michigan, and Baltimore. What I wasn't expecting is having family here to celebrate with me.
 
The day before my sprinkle, Christy picked up my sister from the airport, and when they arrived back at her house, Amber facetimed with me, which made me so confused at the moment. There was my sister, with Ryland and Christy, and then the next thing I know they are walking through our front door. What an amazing surprise. And the surprises kept coming. My 2nd mom and sister, Jodi and Rachael VanOrder came walking through our front door later that night. What a complete shock, but I was feeling so loved and blessed. I have such amazing friends and family.
 
My sprinkle was great. Christy was such a great hostess and she went well above and beyond anything I expected this sprinkle would be.
So, thank you Christy for everything you did and still do for me! I feel incredibly lucky to have a best friend like you.
 


 











 

No comments: