Saturday, October 6, 2018

Bartel's Pumpkin Patch

It's that time of year again!!! Time to get our pumpkins. 

We hit the jackpot with this pumpkin patch. We have been to our fair share of pumpkin patches and this by far beats every other one we have been to. 


We started off the day at the pumpkin patch with some photo ops of the chicklins and then before we started our hunt for our pumpkins, we hung out with the lambs, pigs, and ducks, then headed over to the play area to let the kids run around for a bit.









The pumpkin patch was beautiful, but I got to say, my favorite part was "sunflower lane". Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers and have dreamed of going to the fields with endless amounts of sunflowers, and this was a small version of that. My heart was so happy and didn't want to leave. 










Time to head out into the pumpkin patch and find our pumpkins. We had no idea what we were getting into when coming to this pumpkin patch. But, WOW!! The pumpkin patch went on forever, it seemed. There was small pumpkin, big pumpkins, white pumpkins, and bluish/gray pumpkins. There were even an endless about of gourds, which are my favorite to decorate the house with. 

The kids had a blast trying to find the best gourds for the house and finding the perfect pumpkin to sit outside until Halloween when we would carve them. 






 The kids were having so much fun going through the pumpkin patch looking for gourds that I told them they could each pick some for their bedrooms. When I told them that, their eyes lit up and they went on the hunt. As you see, each kid picked out a totally different gourd and I love it. I think my love for gourds, may have been passed down to them!! hehe

McKaila said she picked that gourd because it looked just like a tulip and mommy loves tulips. Oh how I love her!!









It was such a great morning/early afternoon at the pumpkin patch. We ended up walking through the whole pumpkin patch and got a full wagon full of pumpkins and gourds. I can't wait to go back next year!!!

No comments: