Friday, September 1, 2023

Promotion

 1 September 2023 was a special day that I can’t accurately express in words. 28 April 2009 was the day I started my Air Force journey, Heather has stood beside me since then and years before. She has supported me, cheered me on and told me when I needed to refocus. It’s easy to get caught up in the everyday, everyday family responsibilities, everyday work responsibilities, etc. Heather grounds me, she is the reason I’ve been able to find success and promote in my career.  I don’t see my career as just mine, but ours.  She has the most difficult job, I get to leave weekly and talk to adults. Heather is the reason why our kids are respectful and responsible young people.  Heather deserves all the credit for my success and promotion.  

On 1 September 2023 we promoted to the rank of Senior Master Sergeant (SMSgt/E-8). I never could have imagined myself making it this far in my career. In my first years I struggled to find my way, enlisting at 26 yrs old had its individual challenges. Since then we’ve moved 5 times, on average of once every 2.9 yrs.  We did this on our own, no help but the occasional visitor, we relied completely on each other, just some of the reasons why we love each other so much. Our promotion was simple and sweet with some co-workers, and my family, to include my mom.  My mom has never experienced a military event so that was special for us. 

My career to this point has been mission focused and my next chapter is more about taking care of my airmen, managing resources and ensuring I maintain a work/life balance.

My motto at work is to be Humble, Approachable and Credible; I try to practice this everyday.  I’m humbled by promotion, my Air Force career is far from over.  

Thank you Heather, McKaila, McKenna and Logan, you are the reason why I work so hard.  

I love you dearly!








No comments: