Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving

 HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!

I got to say this was one hard holiday. It was the first holiday without Courtney here with us, but thankfully my family was able to make their way down to South Carolina, including my sister, to spend the thanksgiving holiday together. 

It sure didn’t feel the same without Courtney here with us, but we made the best out of it. Spent the day watching football and preparing Thanksgiving dinner and during the breaks Grandpa and Logan were outside throwing around the football. Logan loved having Grandpa here because at the moment he is the man of the house. Playing catch with me or his sisters just isn’t the same as doing it with Daddy or Grandpa. 












Our Thanksgiving meal was amazing and the kids and I were very grateful that we weren’t doing our first holiday without Courtney, alone. It’s during times like the holidays where having a loved one deployed is harder than the other days, so the kids and I were happily distracted by family for most of the moments of that day! 


Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, from our family to yours!


No comments: