Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Eve

 Our holiday season was a difficult one because we were missing a part of us with Courtney not being here with us, but we made the best of it all. I tried my best in every way possible to make every part of the holiday a special one for the kids. 


It was hard on all of us that we were about to do all things Christmas without Courtney being here with us to enjoy it all. It was a pretty emotional roller coaster for me, but I had to put all those emotions behind me and make this Christmas Eve just like all the rest of them. 



It’s Christmas Eve, which means, it’s time to make cookies. 

I’m not one to bake cookies, that’s Courtney’s thing every year, so to start the cookie making process, I really was doubting myself. Can I do this on my own? Will I be able to make this Christmas special for the kids, without Courtney being here with us? I just lost my mind in all the emotions and I didn’t think I could do any of it on my own. 

But, I did it. 
Doing things like this without Courtney, was a new level of emotions. 

We made some sugar cookies and to add a Christmas twist to them, we put some red and green sprinkles into the dough before we cooked them. The cookies turned out very yummy and the kids were excited to get to decorating them. 








The kids always love being creative and couldn’t wait to get started on decorating the cookies.They each decorated a special cookie to leave for Santa and then decorated the rest to enjoy themselves. 


The kids and I ended our Christmas Eve just like every other Christmas Eve. We got in our Christmas pjs, popped some popcorn and watched The Polar Express. 

Once the popcorn was gone and the movie was done, it was time to prepare Santas plate to leave out for him and the reindeer. 

As always, Christmas Eve night is not complete without the reading of ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas. 



Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!


No comments: