Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas Time

 It’s Christmas morning!!

The kids were so excited to run down the stairs Christmas morning and see what they got from Santa, but I told them they had to wait for me to come get them before they were allowed to come downstairs. They weren’t a fan of that news, but I wanted to be able to see their faces when they first came downstairs. Plus, Courtney said he would be able to FaceTime, so he wanted to be able to see their faces too. 

Because, we were on FaceTime with Courtney, I didn’t get photos of the kids when they first saw their presents, but that didn’t really matter to me in the moment. I was just happy that Courtney was able to be apart of that moment with us. 

While the kids and I were opening our presents, we had great company on FaceTime. We had Courtney, my parents, along with Amber and Jojo. Courtney wasn’t able to be apart of all of the opening of presents because he had to get back to work, but I’m just feeling super blessed that he was at least able to be a part of it in some sort of way. 








I was trying to be more in the moment while the kids were opening their presents, so I didn’t take as many pictures as I usually do. I love taking pictures and love looking back on those moments, but I knew I just needed to just enjoy these moments a little bit more and put the camera down. 

The kids were spoiled, I was spoiled and we all feel extremely thankful for everything we received. 

Our Christmas Day isn’t complete without making some pizza for dinner. We had to improvise with our pizza making because normally our pizza crust is made by Courtney, but this year Trader Joe’s made it and let me tell you, it was pretty dang yummy!

It was a little different than what we normally would do, but even though I had doubts in my head about doing this on my own, everything turned out ok, better then what my thoughts were telling me. 




We may not have had our whole family together this Christmas, but we are beyond grateful that we have FaceTime and were able to be connected in that way on Christmas Day! 

Much love to you all on Christmas and Happy New Year!


No comments: