Thursday, January 11, 2024

I’m an Auntie!


Can’t believe we made it on time, but we did! The kids and I arrived at the hospital right before they took Amber back to have a c-section. 

I’m so grateful that the kids and I were able to be there, I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! Amber was there for me when McKaila was being born and now I was able to repay her by being there for her while her first child was being born. 

The question still remained….

Will it be a boy or a girl?!?


 I’m an AUNTIE!!

Congrats to Amber and Jojo on the birth of their baby!!

A baby girl!!

Skylar Jo!!

I was convinced from the very beginning that they were going to have a boy, so when Jojo came to get me so I could be with Amber in recovery, I was in complete shock when she told me it was a girl. Once the initial shock wore off that I have a little niece, I had to call Courtney!! He stayed up very late to make sure he didn’t miss anything. He is one proud uncle and he looks forward to finally coming home and holding his little niece in his arms. 

The kids were waiting with Jojo to come back to the room, so they still didn’t know if their cousin was a boy or girl, so time to find out!! I went and got the kids and we quickly went back to the room. The kids were so excited hearing that Auntie had a girl, especially McKenna. She was more than ready to get her hands on little Skylar.





The girls couldn’t get enough of Skylar and wanted to continue to hold her. As for Logan. He wasn’t too sure about it. He was a little weary because she was so tiny, so he decided that he didn’t want to hold her, just wanted to give her kisses on the cheek. 

Amber and Skylar were doing so well in the hospital, that they released them the next night and we were all eagerly awaiting their arrival home, so we could enjoy more Skylar cuddles.

And we got in a lot of cuddles, that’s for sure. Logan even started feeling more comfortable and held Skylar a couple different times before it was time to head back home.








Unfortunately, the cuddles had to come to an end and we needed to head back home. I sure am thankful that we were able to be there to welcome little Skylar Jo into the world and we look forward to watching her grow into a beautiful young lady! 




WE LOVE YOU, SKYLAR JO!! 



No comments: